LuciPac Pen-AQUA is a kit for testing cleanliness levels of water and other liquid samples using firefly luciferase enabled bioluminescence techniques. Water and other liquid samples may contain ATP and/or AMP which might originate from microorganisms propagating in such samples, and improper cleaning of facilities. This device measures ATP+AMP levels immediately, indicating inefficient cleaning processes. For example, inadequate microbiological control of coolant or other industrial process water can be promptly detected using LuciPac Pen-AQUA.
This kit uses an enzyme cycling method based on a combination of luminescent reactions from firefly luciferase and pyruvate, orthophosphate dikinase (PPDK). This method produces a given amount of luminescence that is proportional to the amounts of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and adenosine monophosphate (AMP) present in the sample.
Scope of delivery
- 100 Swabs/Kit (5 packs with 20 swabs each)
| Article Number
|| 2-8°C, DO NOT FREEZE
| Shelf life
|| 15 Months (after production date)
- Remove the sampling stick from the main body (casing).
- Soak sampling stick about 3 cm from the tip of the sampling stick into water or other liquid samples and shake gently. Make sure no bubbles remain within sampling stick's comb.
- Pull out the sampling stick slowly and straight up from the sample.
- Return the sampling stick to the main body (casing) and push it all the way into the main body.
- Push firmly onto LuciPac Pen-AQUA casing and agitate.
- Allow the luminescent reagent to thoroughly dissolve.
- Insert the LuciPac Pen-AQUA into the measurement chamber of Lumitester SMART and close the chamber cover.
- Press the ‘ENTER’ key. The results are obtained in 10 secs.