With Compact Dry YMR yeasts and mould can be differentiated by colour development. The medium contains the chromogenic enzyme substrate X-Phos which turns blue with many yeasts. Moulds form fluffy colonies with a characteristic colour. Antibiotics inhibit the growth of bacteria. The Compact Dry YM allows a very good 3-dimension growth of yeast and mould. Compact Dry YM is AOAC submitted
Scope of delivery
- 1400 Plates
- 500 Plates
- 240 Plates
- 40 Plates
| Article Number
|| 1602882 | 1600871 | 1600870 | 1600869
| Incubation time and temperature
|| 48 - 72 at 25 - 30 °C
| Shelf life
|| 12 months after manufacturing
|| Room temperature (+ 1 to + 30 °C)
- Viable count in water or liquid foodstuff
- Drop 1 ml of specimen (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the Compact Dry plate.
- Viable count in solid foodstuff
- Add buffer solution to the sample and homogenize by stomacher®. Drop 1 ml of specimen (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the dry sheet of the Compact Dry plate.
- Viable count in swab test specimen
- Use the swab to wipe the surface, put into the device with wiping solution. Drop 1 ml of wiping solution (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the Compact Dry plate. It is recommended to use “Swab for Compact Dry” offered by HyServe Id-No. 1 002 952/3 (40/240 pieces)
- Open the cap and drop 1 ml of specimen on the middle of the Compact Dry plate.
- Specimen diffuses automatically and evenly into the sheet and transforms the dried sheet into a gel within seconds.
- Put the cap again on the plate and write the information needed on the memorandum section.
- Turn over the capped plate and put in the incubator.
- After incubation count the number of colored colonies underneath the plate. White paper placed under the plate helps to count the colonies