Compact Dry CF is an easy tool for the detection of coliforms. Coliforms grow with blue/blue green colonies as the recipe contains the chromogenic enzyme substrate X-GAL. The growth of bacteria other than coliforms is mainly inhibited but in case of growth they form colorless colonies. Compact Dry CF is AOAC, MicroVal und NordVal approved.
Scope of delivery
- 1400 Plates
- 500 Plates
- 240 Plates
- 40 Plates
| Article Number
|| 1502881 | 1400868 | 1000868 | 1000867
| Incubation time and temperature
|| 24 ± 2 hours at temperature recommendation by Microval 37 ± 1 °C , AOAC 35 ± 2 °C
| Shelf life
|| 24 months after manufacturing
|| Room temperature (+ 1 to + 30 °C)
- Viable count in water or liquid foodstuff
- Drop 1 ml of specimen (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the Compact Dry plate.
- Viable count in solid foodstuff
- Add buffer solution (e.g. 0.9% saline solution, PBS, buffered peptone water, etc.) to the sample and homogenize by stomacher®. Drop 1 ml of specimen (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the dry sheet of the Compact Dry plate.
- Viable count in swab test specimen
- Use a sterile wet swab to wipe the surface which should be analyzed and put it back into the device with wiping solution. After shaking the device (approx. 10 seconds) drop 1 ml of wiping solution (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the Compact Dry plate. Use the Compact Dry Swab (Art. No. ZCS1002953, content 40 pcs) as single application (1 ml) or Promedia ST-25 (Art. No. Z0302, content 10 pcs) as multiple application (10 ml) for this procedure.
- Open the top cover of the Compact Dry plate. Drop 1 ml of sample in the middle of the plate.
- Sample diffuses automatically and evenly into the sheet and transforms the dried sheet into a gel within seconds.
- Put the cover again on the plate and place it in the incubator in a horizontal position
- After incubation, count the number of all grown colonies on the plate.