Compact Dry AQ is a ready to use, rehydrated plate with indicator for the detection and enumeration of heterotrophic bacteria in water. The »ready-to-use« Compact Dry AQ plate from HyServe combines the properties of chromogenic dry media and gel contact plates.
The plate contains a nutrient-poor medium for determining the colony count of heterotrophic organisms in treated drinking water and ultra-pure water. Compact Dry AQ offers a culture medium for bacteria which have become adapted to extremely nutrient-poor conditions in particular. Compact Dry AQ enables the very simple cultivation of heterotrophic bacteria from drinking water samples.
Scope of delivery
- 1400 Plates
- 500 Plates
- 240 Plates
- 40 Plates
| Article Number
|| 1502992 | 1402951 | 1002951 | 1002950
| Incubation time and temperature
|| 36 °C ± 2 °C for 44 ± 4 h | 22 °C ± 2 °C for 68 ± 4 h (ISO 6222) | 35 °C ± 1 °C for 48 ± 2 h (Filter/SMEWW Method)
| Shelf life
|| 24 months after manufacturing
|| + 1 to + 30 °C
- Live germ count in water
- Apply 1 ml of the water sample to the center of the Compact Dry plate. The sample will independently diffuse evenly into the Compact Dry AQ plate.
- Live bacterial count from filter samples
- Please use commercially available 47 mm Mixed Cellulose Ester (MCE) filters with 0.45 µm pore size.
- After water filtration, please place the filter centrally on the Compact Dry plate with as few bubbles as possible. The grid side should be facing up.
- Open the top cover of the Compact Dry plate. Drop 1 ml of sample in the middle of the plate.
- Sample diffuses automatically and evenly into the sheet and transforms the dried sheet into a gel within seconds.
- Put the cover again on the plate and place it in the incubator in a horizontal position
- After incubation, count the number of all grown colonies on the plate.